Saw this over at It’s a Hooah Life and thought I’d fill it out…
1. How long have you been a military wife?
Six years, one month, and 21 days. 🙂
2. What branch of service is your husband?
4. What is his job?
He’s a navigation electrician aka NAV ET.
5. How many deployments have you gone through?
Two many to count.
6. ACU’s or Class A’s on your man?
Neither… NWUs or Khakis.
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
The ability to live in several different places and see different parts of the world.
8. Do you live on base?
Yes. Currently. Soon we’ll be homeless because we’ll be on a very long housing wait-list after moving to Hawaii.
9. What is your favorite base so far?
I don’t really have a favorite. I’ve enjoyed each place for different reasons. I enjoyed Groton, CT because it was close to some of Matt’s family in Massachusetts and I loved the changing of the seasons. I enjoyed Bangor, WA because I grew up there and had a ton of friends there. I’ve enjoyed Guam because of the amazing people I’ve met and loved and the ability to travel and scuba dive.
It’s too hard to choose one favorite.
10. What’s the hardest part of the military life?
Being away from the man I love. While I do enjoy time to myself, I miss him more.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or commissary?
I shop at the commissary. The price is significantly higher at the grocery store, plus I’d have to drive 20+ minutes away vs. 5 to the commissary.
12. Do you work or stay at home?
I stay at home. But I also work at home. I’m a multiple business owner/operator along with all the duties of a housewife.
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Yes. Most of my friends are military wives.
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the PX/BX/MCX/NEX?
Well if we had a Walmart, I would choose not to shop there because more than likely it’d be cheaper at the NEX. Besides, Walmart is usually always a complete mess. If Target were an option I’d choose Target over both. 🙂
15. How did your husband propose?
He wrote me a poem. When I got home he handed it to me and while I read it, I came to the end and it said, “I just have one question to ask…” and then it was blank. I looked up and he was there with my ring. 🙂 Needless to say, I bawled my eyes out.
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
17. How long have you been together?
8 years, 7 months. 🙂
18. Any kids yet?
Nope… not for lack of trying. 🙂
19. Any kids yet to come?
Nope…. kind of goes with questions # 18 doesn’t it?
20. IS your husband one of those “I am a soldier hear me HOOAH” kind of guys?
No… not really. He’s proud of being a submariner, but he isn’t obnoxious about it.
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
22. How many bases have you lived at?
23. If you could change one thing about the military?
Can’t really think of one at the moment… if you were to ask me when my hubby was gone, I’d probably be able to come up with one, but he’s home and I’m pretty content right now.
24. Do you like military balls?
YES!!! We have Sub Ball (the Submarine Force Birthday Ball) in a couple of weeks. We’ll be celebrating the forces 111th birthday!!! It’s sooo fun and I love getting all dressed up and seeing my honey in his dress uniform too!!!
25. Where does you family live?
My family lives spread around… WA, GA, FL. Matt’s family is spread around too… FL & MA.
26. What do you do for a job?
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO’s wife?
Well I guess an NCO in the Navy would be considered a Chief, Senior Chief or Master Chief’s wife. Being part of the Goat Locker wives, I get along with everyone pretty well. We’ve had spats here and there over petty things but nothing serious.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone?
Stay up really late.
29. Do you think other wives do that too?
Yes… most of the ones I know.